DALLES DAM UPSTREAM NAVIGATION LOCK GATE
Greenberry Industrial was selected to provide gate fabrication and coatings for the new upstream navigation lock gate and associated major components for the The Dalles Dam. The new dam gate is approximately 92’ long and weighs 220,000 pounds and was fabricated in one piece at our Vancouver, Washington facility. Fabrication tolerances were very tight which was achieved by the use of 3D measuring equipment owned by Greenberry. Heavy component fabrication required thermal stress relief and AWS D1.5 Fracture Critical welding.
This project was executed by working multiple shifts in a compressed schedule in order to meet a ship date dictated by scheduled outages at Bonneville Dam. Bonneville Dam is located between our dock on the Columbia River in Vancouver, Washington where the gate was shipped from and the The Dalles Dam jobsite.
FLY-OVER VIDEO: The Dalles Dam Navigation Gate In Use
Video courtesy of Olsson Industrial Electric (https://olssonelec.com/)
Drone Video courtesy of FPW Media (http://fpwmedia.com/)
- ENR Northwest 2017 Best Project Winners: Water/Environment Award of Merit
- Daily Journal of Commerce 2017 Top Projects: Infrastructure Award – 2nd Place
- Daily Journal of Commerce 2017 Top Projects: Infrastructure Award – People’s Choice
- Quantities: 92’ Tainter Navigation Gate
- Total Weight: 130 tons (including other major components)
- On schedule: A compressed project timeline allowed for on-time delivery.
- No safety incidents